I just learned today that this little girl's name is Peggy....Peggy is all done and ready to go home. I replaced her missing eye lashes, gave her new teeth and tongue as well as a new body and hairdo. Her little dress is from the 40's, I thought it suited her and her sister very well. Below is Peggy's little sister. She too was a bit of a mess, but nothing like Peggy. I repaired quite a bit of her composition too. There was a little mold problem with her, plus she had a lot of crazing. Once I had taked care of the mold, I resurfaced some areas, filled in the crazing, sanded her down and repainted her. She has flirty eyes and sleep-eyes. The flirty part wasn't working but with a little adjustment she now flirts and sleeps again......she still has that stubborn lazy eye....(darn).....She too has a new body and hairdo. Diane, I do hope you love Peggy and her Little Sister as much now as you did when you were a child.
Well...lookie-here...She's put back together and looking pretty darn good too even if I do say so myself....She was resurfaced and sanded several times. I'm pretty sure she's ready to be painted. Will know that as soon as the primer goes on. If I don't see any signs of all the paint craze that was on her arms and legs once I apply the primer...she's ready to start painting.
Time to remove her head from the body.....OH NO!....her head fell apart. My heart stopped. I just looked at her in four different pieces. After the disbelief went away, it was time to go to work. So I started gluing her back together. Once I had her together I realized the top of her head was missing.....that was not evident until she fell and apart and I glued her back together. The fact that a piece was missing from her head was as big of a surprise to me as her falling apart. Before she fell apart, I thought once I glued things back together the large gap would meet and all would be good...not so. So here she is with a clamp around her head waiting for the glue to dry. I have patched the top of her head...no more hole in the head. Next I'll need to do some sanding to smooth out the glue......when the resurfacing begins......
I thought everyone might like to see what I'll be working on soon. I must say, this is doll is probably in the worse condition I've ever seen...poor kid! This lady brought in two of her childhood composition dolls. I've started on the other already, but thought I'd share the process with this one as she looks so bad. The back of her head is just about to fall off and her cracking is really bad....but I'll bet she'll be wonderful, once she's done!
My name is Candy Anderson, I am owner and chief bottled washer at The Doll Lady, Inc. Twenty-two years ago or so, my step mother gave me a doll for Christmas. At the time, I thought that to be a bit odd, afterall, I was a grown woman what would I do with a doll? Then she said three words that changed my entire life, "I made it." I signed up for doll lessons shortly after that. Over the years I studied under Master Instructors until about 10 years ago when my husband and I opened The Doll Lady, Inc. Now I work in a beautiful doll studio and the best part is I have my own showroom where I am surrounded by fabulous procelain dolls, life like vinyl dolls and beautiful ball joint dolls. You may bring in your doll for repair or restoration or sign up for doll classes. The studio is always stocked with hundreds of wigs, eyes and just about anything else you may need for your doll. The Doll Lady's website is a continual work in process, and is up and running. Besure to drop me a note if you don't see what you need...chances I have it in stock.